In line with the Madrid Ministerial Decision, the overall objective of the Review is to further develop the FOREST EUROPE process with a view to adapting to current and new challenges, and to enhancing its contribution to the promotion of sustainable forest management (SFM) in Europe. The subject of the review is the FOREST EUROPE process, especially its structure, procedures and work modalities, which will be reviewed reflecting on the lessons learnt in order to make it more effective and inclusive.
The expected outcome of the review are proposals and recommendations for future direction of FOREST EUROPE. Findings and recommendations will be elaborated by the Working Group on the future direction of Forest Europe in the form of a report, which will be presented to an Expert Level Meeting at end of 2017, for its consideration and adoption. The Working Group on the future direction of FOREST EUROPE was established at the first Expert Level Meeting follow-up the seventh ministerial conference in Madrid. France and Ukraine were appointed as co-chairs of the working group.
- First meeting of the Working Group on the future direction of FOREST EUROPE
- Second meeting of the Working Group on the future direction of FOREST EUROPE
- Report on Future Direction of FOREST EUROPE – Part I. Results of the questionnaire survey
- Background document for the Working Group
- Final Report of Working Group: survey results and recommendations for action